The Communications Officer will support all the programmes currently being implemented at the FoN HQ and its field offices across the country:
In close cooperation with all the programme coordinators, the Communications Officer is responsible for developing and implementing the external communication and media strategies of Friends of the Nation (FoN), including through the website, social media, newsletters, press contacts and briefings.
You will report to the Director of Communication.
|Role and Responsibility||
Working closely with the Director of Communication, the Programme Manager, and all the various Programme Coordinators of FoN, the communications officer will be responsible for:
Branding and design: Overseeing communication and branding of the FoN Programmes and the lay-out and design of publications and infographics.
|Qualification and Required Work Experience||
Education: Degree in Communications, Human Rights, Public Information, International Relations or a related field.
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with graduate degree (equivalent of a Master’s),
3 years of relevant experience with undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BSc) including working in media, journalism, advocacy, or communications and marketing, or in closely related external relations contexts.
– Proven technical knowledge of a wide range of multimedia, web and digital tools is required, including MailChimp, SurveyMonkey and WordPress.
– Outstanding article-writing and editing skills.
– Social media skills. (ability to design and lead social media campaigns, etc)
– Developed understanding of needs of media and public audiences, preferably with NGO-relevant approach.
– Ability to work in a small team within diverse environment
– Strong planning and organization skills is a must
– Occasional travel within and outside of Ghana may be required